Friday 27 June 2014

the walking book

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

SCHOOL HOLIDAYS! Woohoo. Of course, you would have guessed how I spent (and spending) it.


I’ve always been a huge Leverage fan. You could ask me, like, in which episode did Parker and Eliot went lost in those snowy mountains? Easy, The Long Way Down Job, Season 4 Episode 1. What does Hardison have in his fridge? Loaaads of orange fizz. So really, ask me anything, and I’ll answer it in a breeze.


And then there’s Common Law. I was devastated when it got cancelled. I’m like your walking Common Law encyclopaedia. What was Wes and Travis’ joint custody thing? Hudson the dog. How did Travis get his name? The fireman that saved him

Trust me, you question and I could very much explain everything in detail.

Here’s the thing though…

Which one is the ayat in which Allah told us to dress modestly?” Wait… let me google that...

What does this ayat mean? Is it about being kind to animals?” One second, I’ll go get my tafseer.

It’s extremely depressing. No, make that horrifying. 

Let’s face the spine-chilling, blood-curdling truth - one day, my life, the whole world is going to end and I am not even prepared for it. 

If I could have all those sinful ridicules (really, how do you go to Jannah with Leverage??) in my head, why not the Quran?


Imagine how beautiful our lives would be if we have the ayats of the Quran embedded within our soul. MasyaAllah it is so heart-warming to see little kids, my friends, having memorised the whole book of Allah by heart. Ask them anything, and they’ll help you. They practically live and breath the Quran.

May us all be the walking book of God’s words.

No comments:

Post a Comment