Friday 27 June 2014

in a toilet

Assalammualaikum.

Having been studying in the same school for the past three years, I have best friends whom I have gotten attached to. We were acquaintances, but as time progressed, they grew under my skin.

It's a kind of funny story, how we met, I mean.

2010

"Eh tu Swatch ke?" said a girl with a fair complexion as I washed my hands in the school toilet.

Surprised with the question, I turned my head towards the gleeful girl whom I have never spoken to before. She gripped my wrist, brought it closer to her, and examined the colourful, striped watch.


"Ni edition bila?" she asked, referring to the year when the Swatch was released. I raised my shoulders and pouted.

The girl twisted my hand very slightly and said "Oh, 2008!" I nodded, I never knew that.

After getting her question answered, by herself, mind you, she politely excused herself.

That was weird.

As the new year began, we became friends. Not close, just friends.

Months passed and we grew close. Me, her, and her best friend whom is my best friend too.

We share the same passion - books, messing around, having fun, cookies. Having the same attraction to Swatch seems a little bit cliche though.

Frankly speaking-or typing, whatever, how can you not love those good-looking straps?

We are in Form Four now, and Swatch-wearers are almost everywhere in school.

And did you know? The person who started it all, was her. The girl who freakily grabbed my wrist and walked away.

So today during BM class, I pointed out to her best friend and my best friend, who owns a Lime Rebel by the way, "Swatch is getting too mainstream."

The young lady nonchalantly replied, "I know. Let's get Tissot."

Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment