Friday 27 June 2014

tearing stomachs with log

Bismillahirrahmanirahim.

Assalammualaikum.

It's the second week of exam aftermath, and so far I've been... well... Alhamdulillah, I'm okay. Heheh.

Our Add. Maths. teacher handed us our papers today, and oh boy, t'wasn't what I expected but I'm grateful for the A, Alhamdulillah.


The questions were just on Indices & Logarithms, so there weren't any simultaneous equation, inverse function thingamajigs. 

What I enjoyed the most was probably the conversation I had with Maziah.

"It'd be super cool to get an A+. I mean, like, I've never gotten A+ for add maths." Yes, I am still hoping for a miracle.

"I know right." Maziah nodded.

Right on cue, the teacher (one of my favourite teachers too) announced, "A guy in 4-" - I wasn't exactly paying attention to his class - "was the highest in his class. He scored 95."

"Oh well, not that I'd want to be a mathematician anyway. I saw his bio on Twitter." I mumbled.

"I know that Add. Maths. is important, but who operates people with log?" Maziah raised her eyebrows. She's a future obstetrician or a gynaecologist... or both?

"Ain probably loves these stuff." I replied, eyes fixed on my own paper. "I'd learn investment and all... and hire an accountant.

This post isn't meant to offend the guy or to brag. It's generally about the conversation. And yep, I do realise we'll use Add Maths in the near future (tertiary education).

No comments:

Post a Comment