Friday 27 June 2014

studying: not my thing

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

Assalammualaikum.
"How do you study?"

Riiiiiiight. The question that sends me grinning sheepishly every single time.

"Let me just... eh. I'll..." - this would be me fumbling for words.

There are times when I just wish that I could be like one of those girls who'd say, "Oh, I do this and that, plus I make sure of this and that... yadda yadda yadda," confidently.

If you think that this post boasts effective study methods, let me advice you on one thing: close it.

It's not.

My best friends would know just how lazy I am.

Let me show you the truth.

1) Liars


After the final day of Summative One, this was Ain and me;

"Oh my God this was the most horrible thing ever. I should have studied like a month earlier or something. 
"Yep, for Formative Two, I'm going to study way way earlier. No more last minute-studies."

Three days before Formative Two, this was our conversation;

"Wei it's so scary I haven't studied anything. 
"Omg me too! It's okay, bantai can lah.

So much for dreaming big.

I guess some would say that studying a week or a fortnight earlier would be good. I don't know, I have never tried this.

If I used that method, I would've forgotten 50% (or 100%) of the little details by the day of the exam. Haha.

So I choose to study the night before. That way, I'd be able to retain a lot more.

So that's why sometimes studying at the last minute is okay and I love doing it... or that's probably because I'm too lazy. Pfft.

2) Eh let's watch movies


My parents rock.

Now, if you think that my parents are always beside me saying "Honey, you can do this. It's only a few more chapters." or "Please study, I will buy you a lot of ice cream!" or "Come, let me help you with Chemistry," well then, you're confused of somebody else's parents.

In my case... it's the other way round. When my parents see me revising, they'd be like;

"Eh what are you doing, you've been on that way too long."
"Hey let's check out this Hansgrohe tap?"
"We're going shopping. Come on, let's get you a new pair of shoes."

Oh yes, the occasional "Let's go watch movies. There's this new movie that seems to be cool blablabla-"

And then the despicable thing was, I'd say yes.

But hey, isn't it good to relax? (I do understand that watching movies is probably lagha, do correct me) Really, if you're all too stressed out, it's pretty hard to keep things up there, especially phospholipid bilayer or meiosis or some other weird stuff that I have absolutely no idea about.

And besides, not studying sometimes make you feel really guilty, and you end up studying after getting home because weiii you don't wanna fail.

3) The Duchess of Procrastination


It is a well known fact that I'm really, undeniably, extremely, without-a-doubt, drop-dead annoy lazy.

Even if there's a month before the deadline, I'd still send it in on the final day (or the day before to make me look diligent and goody-two-shoes).

You won't see me sitting at the study table with a 500ml bottle of Spritzer. I don't do that. Freaky. I try to memorise (it stays longer if you memorise and not read) whilst laying on the sofa, posting on Twitter or crushing candies on Candy Crush. Even on exam days, I stay up late... not to burn the midnight oil studying, but to game. Heh.

x

I enjoy being educated but school is a definite NO. When it comes to creative writing or journalism however, oh I love my laptop to death.

Please make lots of du'a for us! We'll be sitting Formative Two next week, starting 29th of July.

or you could just wake me up from my deep slumber when it ends. 

p/s: for study tips, please kindly contact Qurratul 'Ain. She's good. Bhahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment