Tuesday 14 October 2014

smell the waffles

Bismillah. 

If there is one thing I learnt a couple of weeks ago; it's to stop and stare.


I could recite the Quran (I've got bad tarannum, but let's not elaborate on that yeah? Promise I'll improve teehee) but I knew I missed one thing: I don't particularly understand what the verses are saying

Occupied with a goal of finishing the Quran within 30 days, I was too busy sprinting I didn't realise I missed the central place of importance. Admittedly, I was satisfied with merely reciting it, forgetting the necessity of reading with understanding.

I don't wear glasses, but I reckon you'd get the same satisfaction and warmth - like when you lost your glasses and your vision gets kind of blurry and things appear to be in the distance, then all of a sudden it's HD again - upon reading a translation of the Quran.

When we go through the Holy book in detail, we'd get to see the beauty and knowledge underneath its verses. How eye-opening His words are, from the rivers flowing in Jannah, the stories of exemplary prophets, the nearing Judgement Day, to the threats that gives us goosebumps, should we disobey Him.

As for now, I tried the method of reading one sentence, followed by its translation, before proceeding to the next.

I suppose it's true what they say; one needs to remember, to stop and smell the roses waffles.


No comments:

Post a Comment